Re: [VAC] '61 Bambi

In a message dated 02/09/2000 10:27:46 AM Eastern Standard Time,
pre52@gte.net writes:

<<  You wouldn't be "horsing around" with me, would you?  (: >>

I would be, but I'm not...this time (c:

<< Weight is a key issue here. Depending on type & size (number of critters)
of the
 horse trailer I can see their point.>>

Okay.. Two horse trailer, steel.  Maybe 1,000# pounds... Horses approx 1,000#
each.  So, to be safe 3,500# max on the tires.

<< On my 31ft. Sovereign International double axle I also run radials and
have great
 success and as you know this is a heavy trailer. I have no idea as to the
weight
 of your loaded horse trailer. This just might be more weight than the radials
 that your tire store carries can handle.>>

Actually they had no trailer tires in stock and I had to wait while they went
to get them.  Hopefully at another in their chain, not the Walmart down the
street (c: So, they could have gotten any tire at that point.  The "expert"
was adamant that I not use radials because the trailer would be all over the
road.  I thought that was odd too, but he's the "expert" right?

<My tire store said that as long as the tow vehicle is running radials that
 radials are fine on the trailers. After many years and many
 miles................under some extreme conditions such as strong side winds
at
 Interstate speeds, hot summer desert temps, etc. personally I've never had
any
 troubles at all. >

Well, the good news is the trailer doesn't go far.  We usually ride at a
place that's less than 5 miles from here.  Hardly enuogh time for the tires
to heat up.

I just stepped outside and see that I have Goodyear Marathon radials on my
Aistream which kind of shoots this guy's theory all to hell as my trailer
tows like a dream.

In the worsds of Emily Latella...... Nevermind.  (c:

Hunter