Re: [VAC] Re: air conditioner and a '61 Bambi

Hi Bill, This AC thread has given rise to the question of structural integrity of some coaches. Would it be safe to assume that if an AC unit was installed at the factory that the appropriate structural members were added to support the weight? Will changing the interior layout and partition locations have an impact on load bearing capacity? I realize this may not be your area expertise but I figured if I didn't get a response on list, you would be able to post a lead. As you know, Lin and I have decided to open up our Trade Wind by modifying the center partitions, removing the vinyl folding door and cutting back the partitions to add counter space in the kitchen. Although we have considerd the AC issues before doing this a second opinion and an alternate method for accomplishing this goes a long way in creating confidence in our decision. Sounds like F-burg was a success. If we had been further along in our restoration we would have made the trip down from NH. I'm installing the new plumbing and continuing the cabinet rebuilding, Lin is busy with upholstery and curtains. Just 8 weeks to the CBR and the clock is ticking fast.