Re: [VAC] Window Retainer Material

The Vulkem ($8.95 a cartridge by mail from C&G Trailer Service BTW) goes
in the frame first, then the window pane beds into it and creates the
weathertite seal, and then the retainer captures the outside of the pane
and gives the window a finished look.  I think if I tried to run a filet
seal bead around the perimeter instead of the retainer strip, it would
look crude and collect grime & fungus.  It would also be a real bugger
if I had to ever replace a pane.  Anyone else try this method yet?

RJ
'65 Caravel