Re: [VAC] Buyer's Hints?

John and Cindy,
Heads up on the 70's with rear baths.  I'm stuck in the 50's myself but
I was sure someone would bring up the "elephant ear's"  wherein the
weight of the holding tanks in the rear bath models sometimes caused sag
in the rear and at the point the sag began in the frame, a telltale
buckling out of the exterior skin was visible. Maybe this happens only
in longer trailers; I'm not sure and I hope that the experts will chime
in and set you straight on what; exactly, to look for here.  Immediate
concerns for getting it back home are wheel bearings, tires, brake
system, lights and signals.  New or replacement refrigerators are
expensive so, if it isn't working properly on all the energy source
settings, consider that when making an offer.  If the owner can
demonstrate the gas, water and electric systems to be in working order
on inspection, it's better than taking his word for it.  Not that owners
are necessarily being dishonest, but older trailers can sit for many
years without use and what worked 4 years ago may be out of commission
today.  Good luck.
Tom