RE: [VAC] Introducing Myself & my 1966 Safari... some answers

Hi Alex,
LP means liquid petroleum of which propane is one.  So that is not the
problem.  Butane is another, but you do not want to use it in cold weather.
The fuel in the tanks is fine.  There is no special fuel called "LP" that I
know of.  That is a generic title.  Ergo: LP Gas is propane.

The problem with your refer, I will bet my mother's button shoes is, that
the small burner port is clogged.  It must be cleaned VERY carefully.  Do
not probe it with an object to make it larger.  Just clean out the soot and
make sure it is open, and I bet it will work.

I would have the furnace checked.  CO can kill.  I almost lost a sister to
it.

I hate to say you did not display your "complete ignorance."  I was pretty
disappointed in that area.  I will be glad to contact you off line to give
you lessons in "Abject Dumbness" or "Totally Moronic Statements and
Questions" of which I am an expert.

It sounds like the unit you found is a gem.  Look for mice nests and places
they can get in.  They are noted for taking up home in the underbelly ... if
your unit has that.  I have a 1971 Tradewind 25 foot.  These coaches are
lots of work, but lots of fun.  We have had ours since April and I still
learn daily from the experts on here.

Enjoy and keep us informed and keep asking questions.
jerry and deborah
2982