[VAC] Refrigerator

I am checking out my new '65 Safari.  I was checking the refrigerator,
instructions said "plug it in."  I did.  To a regular 110 outlet.  I think
that tripped the ground fault protector on that receptacle.  Then I thought,
well, there maybe another receptacle.  Then I found the one in the
compartment.  So I tried to test the refr thru the trailer electrical system
after resetting the breaker.  No luck.  Did I blow something by plugging it
direct to the house current?

John