Re: [VAC] Tradewinds question

Hello,
I have a Trade Wind that had a battery setup like you described. I found that
the battery that would fit in the box would not hold enough energy for us to
use over a long weekend. The only type I could find that would fit was NOT a
deep cycle and would not hold a charge long enough to be worth the effort.
What I ended up doing is moving the battery and the wiring to the inside of
the coach under the front couch and using a deep cycle sealed gelcell. Using
this type of battery was important as there are no toxic gasses that escape
from this type.

There are a lot of people on this list that have a lot more experience with
batteries than I do, ask around they will guide you. But I will add from
experience use a deep cycle even if you have to reroute the wiring.

Good Luck
Ed Emerick
WBCCI 4425
61 Trade Wind