Re: [VAC] 1967CARAVEL REF. VENT COVER (ROOF)

Hi Clayton:

I am having the same problem you are apparently having, ie, getting a
replacement for the fridge vent cover on my '67 Safari.  The little I
know about it is that is that there are essentially are two versions: the
large one and the small one.

I imagine yours is the same as mine and that is known as the small one.
As I recall, it is about 24" long.

It appears that the fiberglass small one is no longer available (Chime
in anybody who figures otherwise!).  And maybe no fiberglass ones at all
are.  BUT there are aluminum large ones available called 28 x 9.  I
believe they are still available at Inland RV (909.734.8130) and probably
at some A/S dealers.  I found a source and, believe it or not, Inland was
a couple of bucks CHEAPER!

The trick is to get an aluminum large 28 x 9 and cut it in half and rivet
it back together as a 24 x 9 (or whatever).  Thank you Mr. Ewing.  That's
what I'm gonna do as soon as it stops raining in sunny CA.

later,

GQ '67 Safari