[VAC] Bambi in the Slow Lane

Howdy Listers,  I've been back from my big trip east for almost a week
and just now, I'm getting caught up.   I left Texas on Nov 1st and went
east, crossed the mighty Miss, then went north and east thru Alabama,
Tenn, and VA.  The Shenendoah valley was beautiful, snow flurries one
night while I snoozed for free at a Flying J parking lot.  Bambi was
comfy and cozy.  The next day I cruised into the Appalachian campsites
and set up for the Fall Fling.  VAC'ers started arriving on Thursday
from all points of the compass.  By Thursday evening Happy hour, at
Terry and Sandie Tylers trailer, we had about 20 trailers and 50 people.
The weather was perfect, the leaves were 3 feet deep, the fire was warm
and the 'Streamers' were happy to be together.  The next day, the
remainder of the group pulled in from Ontario, Wisconsin,  New
Hampshire, London in the UK, and other points east and west.
We had a nice open house on Saturday morning with about 25 trailers and
a real gab fest.  Saturday afternoon, the Washington DC Unit, had its
historic first meeting, with over 20 members and affiliates in
attendence, including the Region 2 President, Wilson Yerk and his lovely
wife Cindy.  The region 2  Historian, Barry and Lesley Heckenswiler,
were there to record the event.  The meeting went smoothly and later we
all met for a hugh pot-luck, where John and Ester Dona provided  Roast
Beef for all.
As a surprise ending,  Wilson and Cindy Yerk conducted a wonderful
installation ceremony, where all the new officers of the DC unit were
installed and welcomed.
The next day, being Sunday, we all gradually packed up and headed out,
hoping to meet again soon and share our travel experiences.   If anyone
is interested in joining the 'new' Washington DC unit, just let me know.

Bill Scott
61 Bambi
66 Tradewind
Membership Chairman