Re: [VAC] statpower 20 vs 40

Brenda,
 The StatPower charger replaces the UniVolt. In my trailer, the 20-amp
unit will easily carry the entire load, as I've replaced most of my
light fixtures with flourescents. The nice thing about it is the
charging curves, as Howard points out. A standard UniVolt limits the
charging current to only about 6 amps, so will take a long time to
recharge a very low battery; the StatPower will charge at 20 amps until
the battery is nearly 'full', then taper more quickly than most
chargers. The 20-amp unit is rated for up to 200 AH of battery capacity,
or 2 standard "RV/Marine Deep Cycle" batteries like we use.

                       <<Jim>>