Re: [VAC] Univolt for 1974 Land Yaght

David,
 Some UniVolts incorporated fuses for the branch circuits, some didn't.
It sounds like yours did. Here's what I'd do:

Get a standard 'convertor' from whoever you feel like and bolt 'er down.
Connect the 115VAC side, then wire in a seperate fuse panel for the
12VDC circuits. You'll need 3 or 4 circuits (I forget which) and it
wouldn't hurt to have a couple of heavy fuses or circuit breakers
between the convertor and battery and the battery and branch circuit
fuse panel. A 30-amp convertor should be big enough for your needs.

If you're unsure of what you're doing, get your hands on 2 books:
"Managing 12 Volts" by Harold Barre and "RV Maintenance & Repair". The
latter is by Bob Livingston, and is available from Camping World at
http://www.campingworld.com. I think I got the former book at C.W. also,
but couldn't find it in their online catalog.

                                <<Jim>>