Re: [VAC] 1956 Airstream 1600 RX?

Richard,

Welcome to the world of vintage Airstreams.
I've been around old Airstreams for some time and I've never heard of a "1600
RX" model. You don't mention the length......but made reference to a
Bambi.......which is 16ft. You are right in that your trailer is too early to
be a Bambi since Bambi's were manufactured only during 1961-1963.
Your 1956, if it's a 16 footer (including tongue) would most likely be called
the "Bubble." This was an Airstream model that was produced mid to late 1950's
and wasn't fully self contained. It could have a toilet, but no water heater
and shower. Would have an ice box instead of a fridge.
Please give us some more details and maybe we can pin it down closer. These
smaller vintage Airstreams are highly prized and are much desired units.
What condition is your unit in? What area of the country do you live in? You
should consider joining the Vintage Airstream Club. We all have a great time
with our "addictions."  (:

Sincerely,

Pat Ewing