Re: [VAC] Brake controllers - HELP?

Mary,
    I'm now a veteran -- I'm on my 2nd tow vehicle in a year, but I did not
install either one.  Although I have done things like that, I prefer to leave
that up to others.
    The Tekonsha should be hooked to the rear plug -- I don't know why someone
would place a Tekosha under the dash and not hook it up...   assuming it is
wired to the rear plug, life could be good.

    The rest is up to what was already explained to you.  Apparently, AStream
did not follow industry standard, so yours may not match.  The original owner
and I spent a good half hour chasing down a plug with only 1 matching wire!  But
when my Tekonsha was moved from the old tow vehicle to the new one (I assume
wired "standard"), I had to switch "only" 3 wires...  trouble was I also had to
switch plugs as the new one on my bumper was the flat connectors, and the
trailer plug was the old round.
    If you're never going to tow anything else on that tow vehicle bumper plug,
it might be easier to rewire than the trailer plug -- that's what the original
owner and I did.  But if you're going to tow anything else (we also have a boat
trailer), then "standard" is the way to go on the tow vehicle bumper plug.

Huff