Re: Travel home: engines, gas mileage, etc.

[ Follow Ups ] [ Streamline Message Board ]

Posted by Tom Patterson on May 16, 2002 at 20:51:35:

In Reply to: Re: Travel home: engines, gas mileage, etc. posted by Gordon Owen on May 16, 2002 at 00:52:16:

Hi Gordon,
Where are you located with your Travel Home? Is it one of the ones that I have on my listing of known units? Fill us in, if you don't mind, along with details and pictures of your unit. It is possible to post pictures to this message board, or you can send them to me to add to the website.
Whoever you talked to at Iowa Boys is wrong. Their unit is indeed a Travel Home. Take a look at the photos at http://208.109.117.138/Streamline/TravelHomes/Iowa/Murphy.html. The person at Iowa Boys to talk to is Sue Murphy.
I would indeed be interested in finding out about the fellow with the 1967 Travel Home. Keep me posted.
My unit had the 330 engine changed to a 460 with a C-6 transmission sometime around 1975. I got about 8 mpg on the trip back to Houston from Yuma, AZ. after purchasing it. I have recently added a Gear Vendors overdrive, but don't have enough miles on it as yet to offer any comments.
Have also just gone from the old 16.5" wheels to 19.5", and installed duals on the rear. I got lucky and found someone in California with 6 of the Alcoa alloy wheels in stock that had the 5 lug "budd" holes and fit the unit.
Just also finished having all of the wiring checked, and replaced and corrected whereever necessary. Now, instead of a jumble of wires with inline fuses under the dash, I have two fuse blocks, with capacity to handle future circuit additions.

Follow Ups:

HWForums.com Message Forums
Copyright © 2001 HighWired Internet Innovations Inc. All rights reserved.