Re: Travel home: engines, gas mileage, etc.

[ Follow Ups ] [ Streamline Message Board ]

Posted by Don Hudson on May 17, 2002 at 19:15:16:

In Reply to: Re: Travel home: engines, gas mileage, etc. posted by Tom Patterson on May 16, 2002 at 20:51:35:

Hi Tom,
Thank-you for responding with"Macs"information.I just have gotten my 1966 Streamline Travel Home to my home.I am in the process of making mine mechanicaly sound before doing too much other stuff on the inside. I took off my front wheels to do the brakes and found a complete mess. Broken springs, blown seals.. you get the picture.My wheels are the 16.5" with the large diameter 5 hole pattern. I was going to try to reuse the tires that came with it(Kelly safari-33")and having the wheels sand blasted and powder coated, and using some kind of spun aluminum disc cap, such as a "moon". But after reading this thread and seeing that an "alcoa" wheel might exist you might have helped change my mind. Could you give a little more info on your new wheel and tire combo (supplier, sizes etc) Also do you have any expertise on the ability to polish this coach of mine? Did you install the "gear vendor" or did you have it done?I plan on just doing a full overhaul on the original 331 unless maybe you can talk me out of it. The 331 seemed to run well at times on my trip from Joplin, Mo. to my home in Stockton, Ca. till it got tired outside of Albequrque, NM. And the I had to have it towed to home.(ouch!!)I look forward to seeing your thread on this. I have pics and will post Soon to your board.

Don

Follow Ups:

HWForums.com Message Forums
Copyright © 2001 HighWired Internet Innovations Inc. All rights reserved.