Re: Travel home: engines, gas mileage, etc.

[ Follow Ups ] [ Streamline Message Board ]

Posted by Tom Patterson on May 18, 2002 at 00:15:50:

In Reply to: Re: Travel home: engines, gas mileage, etc. posted by Don Hudson on May 17, 2002 at 19:15:16:

Hi Don,
I have been doing much the same before doing the inside, and it sure seems to go on forever. You can see the wheels that I found here: http://www.alcoawheels.com/light/lituratur/images/LTLine-ScrnRes_1-24-02.pdf.
You can polish your coach yourself. It takes work, but can be done. First thing will be to remove the old clear-coat, which can be done with a product called "Bix" which is available at Home Depot. Then polish it with an aluminum polish containing a jewellers rouge base. I used a product called Zephyr Pro 40 which I bought at the local Peterbilt dealer.
I did not install the Gear-Vendor overdrive unit, but had it installed by a local dealer.
Sorry to hear about the towing part. Hope the motor is ok, but I did have my 460 reworked.
Am looking forward to seeing your pictures.
I have a friend living in Sutter Creek, CA. He says I should come visit him, so I can have the chance to go and see your unit . Not this year, but maybe sometime.

Follow Ups:

HWForums.com Message Forums
Copyright © 2001 HighWired Internet Innovations Inc. All rights reserved.