The Silver Streak E-mail List

[SilverStreak] Refrigerator replacement

Greetings all. as I had written earlier I am in the process of upgrading some of
the life support systems in our 74 SS Supreme Deluxe. I obtained a 1992 Skyline
by Layton and because it has had years of mold growth in the walls and the roof
(1/4 inch plywood?) is falling in I am parting  it out to the junk yard. I took
the opportunity to swap out a few components upgrading a few things in our SS.
The water heater (now ceramic lined) the water pump, the converter and now the
refrigerator.
 The Skyline has a Nordic Cold digital fridge that automatically switches from gas
to electric when it detects external power and visa versa.

Does anyone know how I will get this thing out of the old camper? I have it all
disconnected and ready to move but it is 2" wider then the doorway. It will fit
into the SS with an inch to spare.

The only option I see is to cut the doorway out. This is OK since I am scraping
the unit anyhow. I just want to run this by the panel of experts for a sanity check.

Thanks all,  Curt