The Silver Streak E-mail List

[SilverStreak] i'm a new Owner of a 1966 Silver Streak Sabre

  • To: "Silver Streak" <sslist@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [SilverStreak] i'm a new Owner of a 1966 Silver Streak Sabre
  • From: "Jason Parks" <jjparks@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 26 Feb 2008 21:47:00 -0800

Hi all,

I've been looking for a 17 foot trailer for my family for a while. First
thought I would buy a boler, but recently came across a Silver Streak Sabre -
and my wife and I knew we had to have it! The night before I bought it, I
could barely get to sleep and I realized at that point no matter how much work
I needed to, it would be very hard to turn it down!

So, needless to say, I purchased the trailer, and after the paperwork was
completed and I got my temporary insurance, I managed to bring it home last
weekend. Some times I can't believe my luck to have found this trailer, the
layout inside is absolutely fantastic, with good headroom (I'm 6'5") and just
a great feel. It trailered really well and felt great on the highway.

Now the hard work starts as I will need to do some significant work -- replace
the deck, fix various dents and missing panels, freshen up the cabinets, find
a bathroom and generally give an overall TLC to everything. The previous
owners had let it sit for quite a while and there is significant moisture
damage inside.

I'm happy that I found a connection to other Silver Streak owners as I will
have a boatload of questions. I want to do a pro job on the restoration and
will be installing original items where possible, or make replicas to keep the
look. Alot of the original is still intact which helps immensely for
restoration, except for bathroom which is totally destroyed and missing.

This is my last bit for my introductory email, I live in Victoria, British
Columbia and have a young family; 2 kids and my wife Linda. My names Jason and
I look forward to hearing from other Silver Streak owners.

Best regards,

Jason Parks