The Silver Streak E-mail List

[SilverStreak] assistance on paneling like Thompson link

I think I am ready to take on re paneling my 74 SS Deluxe Supreme. Since retirement
Marie and I are spending more time in the camper and the dark paneling is closing in
on us. We like the light tan knotty pine type paneling that we see in the Thompson
photos linked on Toms page. It looks like something I may want to try. I have to ask
you all if my plan is going to work. First of all my skills are geared more towards
mechanical work but my father was a carpenter and home builder so I have taken on
several tasks of the same (in a conventional home) with acceptable results.
I envision taking off panels one at a time and using them as patterns, cut the new
panel to shape and reinstall. Cabinet doors can be removed and rebuilt with the new
panels. I am assuming that the front panels will round out to contour without much
trouble.
What type of fasteners will I need? Does this sound like a doable plan? Thanks