From: sslist-admin@tompatterson.com
[mailto:sslist-admin@tompatterson.com] On Behalf Of Bussiere, Curtis L
SFC RET
Sent: Thursday, June 05, 2008 11:19 AM
To: sslist
Subject: [SilverStreak] assistance on paneling like Thompson link

I think I am ready to take on re paneling my 74 SS Deluxe Supreme. Since
retirement Marie and I are spending more time in the camper and the dark
paneling is closing in on us. We like the light tan knotty pine type
paneling that we see in the Thompson photos linked on Toms page. It
looks like something I may want to try. I have to ask you all if my plan
is going to work. First of all my skills are geared more towards
mechanical work but my father was a carpenter and home builder so I have
taken on several tasks of the same (in a conventional home) with
acceptable results.
I envision taking off panels one at a time and using them as patterns,
cut the new panel to shape and reinstall. Cabinet doors can be removed
and rebuilt with the new panels. I am assuming that the front panels
will round out to contour without much trouble.
What type of fasteners will I need? Does this sound like a doable plan?
Thanks