The Silver Streak E-mail List

[SilverStreak] 1970 SS ATLAS W/TRUNK WEIGHT?

Hello all, My name is Jerry and I'm new to this group.  I am considering buying a
1970 Atlas but looking for some specific detail from you experts.

Is the Atlas 26 or 27 feet long and what is the total weight and tounge weight?
I would be towing with a 1999 Chev Suburban 1/2 ton with tow package.  It has the
Vortec 350 with 373 gears.  Is this SUV sufficent to tow the Atlas?

The trailer is $2000.00.  It needs some work but the skin is in great shape...interior
needs a good cleaning but its not damaged in anyway.

I have a little experience with these old trailers...I currently own a 1968 Streamline
Princess which i've done some work to...recently replaced all the plumbing with pex pipe.

Looking forward to your comments.