The Silver Streak E-mail List

RE: [SilverStreak] Walk in cooler hinges would work and be affordable . Take a look.

You'd think any decent sheet metal fabrication shop could make hinges for
even the dual hinged plug doors of later SSes. My guess is that they just
don't want to.
I'm pretty sure that I could have made such hinges when I had access to a
sheet metal fabrication shop.
Such hinges would not look quite like the original diecast zamak ones but
could be dimensionally and functionally identical.
Al

-- Earl Custom <bigearlscustom@hotmail.com> wrote:

My bad on the hinge thought, I discounted the double door.  Mine is a single
door and the hinges would work for that, but I see what you mean.
You are right.  $540 is a deal for a set of  handmade hinges like that, they
don't make craftsmen like that anymore.
AJ