The Silver Streak E-mail List

Re: [SilverStreak] Walk in cooler hinges would work and be affordable. Take a look.

And replace that screen cover door with a window while I'm at it, since the new
freezer door hinges wouldn't have the dual hinging feature. I never have liked
the huge hole in the door. I'd rather have a separate swinging screen door on its
own hinges like other trailers have.
Al

-- Earl Custom <bigearlscustom@hotmail.com> wrote:

Hello Everyone,
Just a thought on the hinge debate and a solution that could very well handle the
job and last for the lifetime of any of our trailers, would be to use walk in
refrigerator hinges.  They are available in many styles and offsets and are made
to carry doors that are 100+ pounds to say the least.  Kason makes some fine examples.
Here are a couple of websites I found, www.coldsupply.com/hinges/index.htm
www.refricentral.com/ www.refrigerationgaskets.com/kasonhinges.html
I'm sure these hinges would work and with the right style, they would blend right in
with our trailers.  A reinforcement plate may be necessary to cover the old hinge
holes, but it could all be done w/ some stainless or aluminum sheet, a hand shear or
kett sheer, a drill and rivet gun.  If I needed hinges, this is the route I'd go.
All the best
AJ