The Silver Streak E-mail List

Re: [SilverStreak] Vintage Trailer Supply - rivets

Sounds like a "rod-end forming cutter."
If you have a good industrial tool jobber nearby, perhaps they can supply
such a tool (?).
I don't know if it would be any less than the Olympic tool.
Al

-- Jason Parks <jjparks@shaw.ca> wrote:

I'd like to start fixing my exterior panels and VTS has rivets for both
interior and exterior panels. They have listed 5/32" Olympic rivets and 1/8"
white rivets for the interior. This is for a '66 Silver Streak Sabre.
I'm hoping someone has used this supplier and rivets before and can give me
some feedback -- plus I've got a few questions --
1. Is this the best place to purchase them (it may be the only!)?
2. do I need the neoprene washer?
3. the shaver tool -- sounds like it's the way to go, but expensive -- does
anyone have one they want to sell me -- or do I need it?
Any information will be much appreciated. Thanks!
Jason