The Silver Streak E-mail List

Re: [SilverStreak] Trailer Exterior Repair Question

D Wixon,
The eyebrow over the door can be removed by drilling the rivets,
straightening, sealing with putty rope, and reaffixed. Torn out holes can be
enlarged and larger rivets used. If tearing, it can still be saved. If
destroyed simply straighten and use as a pattern. Suitable aluminum sheeting
is not too expensive and is available in a rack at most ma and pa hardware
stores. The drip eye brow and seal is important for keeping water from
running in the top of the door. The top of the door mainly stops blowing
rain, but not for flowing water.

When you can, send a picture off-list and I will help you identify your
trailer. At 20 feet it is likely a Prince, Duke, or Duchess depending on
what you are measuring. If a 26 foot it is likely a Countess. If it is not
anodized, but a shiny skin with a clear coat it will be a 1967 or older. I
think all 68 and up are anodized. The roof dent and repair is repairable,
but is a lot of work.
-Eddie-
Houston, TX