The Silver Streak E-mail List

Re: [SilverStreak] To wire trailer connectors

According to Valley Installation Instructions Model 5212 5216 7-Way Electrical
Connector, "Do not strip ends of wires. Set screws in connector will cut through
insulation when they are tightened."

I just recently acquired this instruction sheet. I have always stripped the end
of the wire before inserting the wire into the connector socket. A couple of times
I crimped appropriate bullet plugs onto the wire ends and inserted them into the
connectors, then tightened the setscrews. Both ways have been 100% reliable. So
far. :-)
Al

-- "Richard Closson" <clossonmbs@altrionet.com> wrote:

For what it's worth, I found it helpful to solder spade lugs on the trailer side
wires, with the exception of the center ground wire, and then just screw them in
place. It helps with the problem of a wire strand coming loose and shorting.