The Silver Streak E-mail List

RE: [SilverStreak] towing

Eddie,

The F350 was left from when we towed a 36.5' 5th wheel.  It is way more
truck than we need for the SS.  But having towed with down sized tow
vehicles, and being an engineer, I like to be on the safe side.  Besides it
would cost too much money to get a smaller truck.

I did make a short run with the SS on the F350 with no sway or load
distribution and kept it to no more than 50 MPH.  It did wiggle a bit, but
nothing bad with a truck that outweighed the trailer.  With the Reese Dual
Cam HP, never so much as a bobble from passing trucks or side winds.

My Father in law pulled the trailer with a 2500 Suburban and it did need the
sway control at times.  Since the trailer has had the heavy sofa pulled out
and replaced with a couple of wicker chairs and a wicker chest, it is a bit
lighter on the hitch.

What part of Houston do you live?  Have to get together some time.  We
sometimes get some of the Texas Boomers gang together for a weekend dinner
when we can't be out camping.

First part of December we took the SS to Rayford's Crossing near The
Woodlands.  As we pulled in, people sure did stop and look at the SS.  We
were by far the oldest trailer in the place.  Love to show it off and point
out all of the things that it had....way back in the olden times.  When we
talked to people and told them we were in the SS...the aluminum one, they
immediately knew which one we were.

Ken Wilson
KE5DFR
Cypress, Texas