The Silver Streak E-mail List

Re: [SilverStreak] temp repair Hinge breakage

Al,

Scott Holden has offered to do the professional drawings. He does not have a
hinge to do that. Mine are too far gone. I have asked him if his shop can
make the hinge. The hinge can be thin stainless with folded loops, or thick
stainless with welded tube loops.

The loops can be longer than the originals. The only exact dimension needs
to be the fastener holes. Those holes determine critical door alignment.
There can be more holes, but less holes would have to be sealed for leakage.

I liked Ralph's hinges a lot. I just cannot afford the price and the shop
apparently was favoring a relationship and not interested in production. The
price also had un-stable restrictions. Ralph has the first set of stainless
hinges I have ever seen and we have discussed so much. It can be done and
Ralph has shown us. Yea Ralph! Yea Tom for posting all of this.
-Eddie-
Houston, TX