From: sslist-admin@tompatterson.com [mailto:sslist-admin@tompatterson.com]
On Behalf Of joepatwink@netscape.net
Sent: Sunday, June 22, 2008 3:19 PM
To: sslist@tompatterson.com
Subject: [SilverStreak] stuck propane shut off valve

In our 1969 Sabre there is a lever type shut off valve for the whole stove.
There is also a tiny valve for the burner pilot light that you increase and
decrease the flame or shut off completely with a screwdriver. I think?the
pilot light valve?leaks because when camping this week we thought we could
smell gas when we came back to the trailer. To test that theory I want to
shut off the gas to the stove, but I can't turn the lever on the big valve.
It has not been turned since the stove was installed I bet back in '69 and
its froze tight. What would be the best method? from here? Gentle tapping
with a hammer? Take?the valve?off and soak it in something? Take it off and
replace it? Your advice will be greatly appreciated.
? Joe