The Silver Streak E-mail List

Re: [SilverStreak] SS Suspension/wheels/tires

I have only seen one leaf spring on a trailer break, and I have been pulling
trailers or riding with others pulling them for 40 years. The broken spring was on
a horse trailer and horse trailers get a whole lot more abuse than camping trailers
because of the bad roads you pull them down. If you are really worried about it,
have a professional inspect them.
To me tires are more a cause for worry, and if yours are ten years old I would
be thinking about replacement. Can you fit a larger tire under there? Before you go
to a 16 inch tire I would check for clearance, you would have to have the top of the
tire hit the inside of the fender on bumps.
On the black rims, mine had black rims when I got it but I think it is just for looks.
? Joe in Wyoming