The Silver Streak E-mail List

Re: [SilverStreak] SS Gold Trim Question

Similar putty rope for temporary sealing of windows sounds like about the same
stuff. It comes is a rolled up strip of a half dozen ropes side by side in a ribbon.
Al

-- "Eddie" <Eddie@Huffstetter.com> wrote:

Doni,
No, I forgot your model does not use vinyl insert in trim that covers the screws.

For yours I would just do the screws one at a time. I can't see a reason for leaking.

If you decide to remove the whole thing, clean, replace and seal, then I would
discourage anything but putty tape. That is available at most every hardware store,
various widths, including what is called putty tape rope.

The putty tape is something you know and have seen. It will seal, acts like an
adhesive, but will never harden and is always easily removable.
-Eddie-
Houston, TX