The Silver Streak E-mail List

Re: [SilverStreak] SS Gold Trim Question

"...will need to be drilled out."
Use left hand twist drill bits and the screw just may unscrew from the drilling
torque and heat. I got a set of nice looking LH bits from Harbor Freight for
about what one LH drill bit costs at the auto parts or hardware store.
There is a screw extractor and drill set for recess head screws (Phillips) being
hawked on TV that looks like the burrs with my Dremel tool set. The difference is
that the twist of the drill bits and the "bite" of the extractor is left handed.
Al

-- "Ralph Cooke" <rcooke@bak.rr.com> wrote:

I have replace all of the screws that I could get to come out, all but about 8 of
them that will need to be drilled out.
I used Stainless Steel Philips head screws about 5/8 inch long, I did not run a bead
of silicone on the new screws as there was no silicone or other sealant on the old
rusty screws.  Changing out the rusty screws sure improves the appearance.

Ralph