The Silver Streak E-mail List

RE: [SilverStreak] Speaking of wood paneling ...

     Sunni, Sounds like I have that same kind of veneer in my 1970 26'. Mine
was peeling badly when I got it. I have taken all the appliances out and all
the cabinet doors and draws out. I scraped any loose veneer, then sanded
smooth, primed with gripper and painted with a ralph lauren metalic paint.
They came out great. I also sanded primed and painted every hinge. Now I am
working on the inside. Should be done in about two weeks. I hope. It's alot of
work but I think it will be worth it, and probably alot easier then ripping
everything out and rebuilding. Maybe someone else has another solution if you
don't want to paint.
                                                 Tom, Salt Lake City, Ut