The Silver Streak E-mail List

Re: [SilverStreak] Refrigerator replacement

> How do you think the one piece tub-shower stalls were installed in the
> SSs? Through the door?
> Al

Al,

I don't know as I never thought about it and still don't. I never heard of
anybody needing to do that. My SS may be a one-piece center bath and stall,
but since I have no problems, I have not looked or even paid attention to
that, and won't. I have never seen anyone on this list needing to remove a
shower stall from the trailer on a SS. You pretty much need to find a
thoroughly neglected  SS trailer with long periods of bad roof vents, broken
windows, storm or flood un-repaired damages, etc. to find one with a bad
floor. This well-built trailer even holds up well to unknown or neglected
plumbing problems.

I have never read on this list, or anywhere, someone needing to replace the
entire floor on a SS either. I suppose if there was a need for that, I would
just move the stall to another area, make repairs, and put it back. If it
was a salvage wreck and I wanted to salvage the stall, I think I would
measure the trailer targeted for that installation and then decide if a
panel needed to be removed and re-riveted.

Most things in a trailer will fit thru a 2-O door. Most things in a home
will fit thru a 3-O door. What Curtis will probably have is a 18 or 20 inch
door. Typically nothing will fit thru those doors including people. Kids and
Snuffy fit thru ok.

Since everything in a SS is typically 24" or less on the perimeter, I am not
convinced the stall wouldn't fit through the door. Maybe somebody has
actually measured their shower, if it actually is a stall and not a base tub
with separate walls. I don't own a rear bath model, and never paid attention
to the ones I have seen. Those will be different than mine. I sure liked Ken
Wilson's gorgeous time capsule.

Maybe you could look up every model of SS made with rear and center baths
and tell all of us the narrowest dimension of all the shower stalls and the
widest dimension of the narrowest door. Then we would all know how the
shower stall was installed because I sure don't know the answer to your
question above.

-Eddie-
Houston, TX