The Silver Streak E-mail List

Re: [SilverStreak] Painting the logos

Santa Fe, Eddie.  We're at 7,000 ft, and the skies are usually startlingly clear.  Plastic
disintegrates here in no time at all, and you can practically watch wood age.  ;)

I just found out that Model Master paints have trouble adhering unless you've cleaned your
surface well with alcohol or Windex (and I intend to), but that once they're on, they're on for
good.  Clean-up is a bear, so one needs to use disposable tools.  I still like them because
they have "Stop Light Red."

I forgot to include links for the different types of paint that I mentioned so people can look at
the reds and help me decide which one is best:

Seaboard Air Line Chinese Red:
http://www.realspacemodeling.nl/documents/pdf/pollyscale_railroad_acrylics.pdf

Red:
http://www.realspacemodeling.nl/documents/pdf/pollyscale_modelhobby_acrylics.pdf

Stoplight Red, Chevy Engine Red, Rot RLM 23, and Insignia Red:
http://www.realspacemodeling.nl/documents/pdf/modelmaster_acrylics.pdf

Red, Cherry Red, Bright Red, Candy Red:
http://www.rayman4449.dynip.com/1100_Testors_(Enamel).pdf

CB&Q Chinese Red: