From: sslist-admin@tompatterson.com
[mailto:sslist-admin@tompatterson.com] On Behalf Of waymark1@juno.com
Sent: Monday, April 07, 2008 3:46 AM
To: sslist@tompatterson.com
Subject: Re: [SilverStreak] mattresses

The mattresses in our '79 SS Supreme Saturn are a little narrower
(34") than a standard "twin" size (39" x 75") for the home. I think
this is called a "bunk" size. Older large RVs are under 8' (96") wide
while many newer ones are almost 8 1/2' (102") wide. As walls are 2"
or so thick, older RV interiors are under 7'-8" (92") wide, so a
center bedroom with RV bunk mattresses has close to a 24" center
aisle. If standard twin mattresses had been used the center aisle
would have been no more than 14" wide!
I think I might measure my Streak's center aisle 2morrow so my vast
repository of almostly useless knowledge will be a little vaster (look
that one up in your Oxford).
Al