The Silver Streak E-mail List

RE: [SilverStreak] Grey water tank(s)?

As we're planning to build a cabin in a remote off-the-grid location, we have
found that a composter toilet is the cheapest way to go, and is also ecologically
"green." The health district does not allow running water in the dwelling if
there is no conventional septic system and drainfield, so the shower and laundry
has to be in a separate building. Also, the bathroom grey water and kitchen grey
water have to be separate if there is no conventional septic system and drainfield.
The bathroom grey water can be spread on a flower garden or used to water trees,
but the kitchen grey water either has to be hauled off to an approved disposal
facility or a "grease trap" small-sized conventional septic system and drainfield
has to be installed. (A "grease trap" is a very small septic tank used for kitchen
sink wastewater only.)

I wonder how soon RVs will be required to have 3 tanks: 1 black from the toilet,
one bathroom/laundry grey, and 1 kitchen sink/dishwasher grey waste tank?

Al