From: sslist-admin@tompatterson.com [mailto:sslist-admin@tompatterson.com]
On Behalf Of waymark1@juno.com
Sent: Tuesday, March 18, 2008 6:14 PM
To: sslist@tompatterson.com
Subject: RE: [SilverStreak] Grey water tank(s)?

As we're planning to build a cabin in a remote off-the-grid location, we
have found that a composter toilet is the cheapest way to go, and is also
ecologically "green." The health district does not allow running water in
the dwelling if there is no conventional septic system and drainfield, so
the shower and laundry has to be in a separate building. Also, the bathroom
grey water and kitchen grey water have to be separate if there is no
conventional septic system and drainfield. The bathroom grey water can be
spread on a flower garden or used to water trees, but the kitchen grey water
either has to be hauled off to an approved disposal facility or a "grease
trap" small-sized conventional septic system and drainfield has to be
installed. (A "grease trap" is a very small septic tank used for kitchen
sink wastewater only.)

I wonder how soon RVs will be required to have 3 tanks: 1 black from the
toilet, one bathroom/laundry grey, and 1 kitchen sink/dishwasher grey waste
tank?

Al