The Silver Streak E-mail List

Re: [SilverStreak] Good grief, just grease!

Al,
You spent a lot of time on grease. Wow...

My purpose is to learn, share, help when I can. So is Ken's. I presume yours
too! I have professional credentials and Ken's are much greater. Others here
offer valuable information. They too have professions, credentials, and
experience covering vast knowledge. It is in my nature as is all the others
here to presume good things of all. I presume good things of you too. Ken
nor I give any of the technical detail supporting simple practice as it is
totally unnecessary. Learning and sharing here means some of the things
stated are wrong and I constantly learn and often and gladly "stand
corrected". You don't need technical information about a tire to know when
it's flat.

Nothing in your very long effort is correct. I could go thru the entire post
to correct it. I could give you the exact name and part numbers of the
products I possess, have used, or know of. I could tell you how insulation
can also conduct electricity or why you don't ground a trailer with the ball
only. We could discuss grease, oil, rubber, etc., ad infinitum. None of that
would advance anything.

It is important to this list that your information and statements are
misleading, confusing, wrong, and could drive someone away from good
practice, maintenance, and ease of care. That is the only purpose of this
reply.

Al it's just grease, a good practice, a messy bother at times that Ken and I
already stated we sometimes do on some things and always do on others. I
find no problem with being wrong, corrected and learning. I learn quick. I
would have a terrible problem with being wrong, not knowing it, and
continuing in error. Is kind of like walking around with your zipper down.
Now there is nothing wrong with that I suppose, but I sure hope someone
would kindly tell me so I could zip up!

Tom, I'm ahead of you here...I'm zipping up.
-Eddie-
Houston, TX