The Silver Streak E-mail List

Re: [SilverStreak] Flipped axels (again)

Curt,
Well you and Marie better come by and have some coffee! You could meet Tom
Patterson and Ken Wilson. You'd like them! As far as moving axles, you'd
have to put up with my helper Snuffy who thinks supervising is helping.
Snuffy likes Tom so much that he overcame his aversion to jumping in
trailers. Now I have to keep all the doors closed all the time. That is
strictly Tom's fault. That old basset will take off with your tools so you
will need to deal with that.

There must be a reason axles are put above the spring, but I don't know why.
Maybe someone else does. Ken is an engineer so maybe he knows. Seems to me
the U bolts job is much easier keeping position only rather than having to
handle all the weight too. Seems logical all the forces are now stacked
instead of the "hanging" of all the forces on U bolts. I like it!

Snuffy doesn't care. He just likes chewing on the valve stems.
-Eddie-
Houston, TX