The Silver Streak E-mail List

Re: [SilverStreak] Drinking & cooking water filter

My '79 SS has an Everpure faucet & undersink filter in place of the original.

We used 2 Omni whole house filters in line one place where the water was pumped
from a creek. Turned the cartridges black with sparklies (mica?) in a couple of
days, clogged in 2 weeks.
In same area, used spring water for washing, bathing. Tested "red" for lead!
Mountain promontory was named "Galena Point." Duh. Used a lead removal filter
cartridge. No drinking or cooking use of that water.
Another place on well water, 3 Omnis in line. Turned first one black in a couple
of weeks, second one red! Third one was a charcoal filter (taste & odor).
Al

-- joepatwink@netscape.net wrote:

Our 1969 had one of those filters on it when be bought it, as you said it's
impossible to buy the filters. So we ditched it and have not replaced it with any
other filtering device. We have camped for many years with three other campers
before our Silver Streak and that was the first time we had seen a filter on a
camper water system. I suspect most people use the dental method, they strain the
water with their teeth :)
?? Joe

We have the separate water spout on the kitchen sink for pure water.?
?
Anyone use the filters that they have for pre filtering as it comes out the hose??

Dave and Sherylyn