The Silver Streak E-mail List

Re: [SilverStreak] battery questions

joepatwink@netscape.net wrote:
> Thanks, Eddie
>

> ? It was just one of those things I was wondering about last night when I couldn't sleep. Some day I would like to get one of those Optima batteries, I like the idea?of a modern battery that you can keep inside the trailer because it will never put our hydrogen gas. Here in Wyoming keeping a battery warm on a fall camping trip can make?a huge difference on what time you run out of light and have to?crawl into the sack. Plus, from what I here, the modern chargers are much lighter too. If I get rid of all that weight I might get?13 MPG pulling the trailer!
> ? Joe?

I just got an Optima blue top for the trailer. I'm going to put it in
the closet next to the refrigerator. String wires alongside the
wheelwell under the bed, pop them down into the 'converter' area where I
keep the tiny solid state marine charger. A 'Guest' charger. I just got
8 gauge wire in white and black to do the connection.

The Blue Top cost me $230 out the door in Louisiana.