The Silver Streak E-mail List

Re: [SilverStreak] A'stream

--- Eddie <EddieHuffstetter@hotmail.com> wrote:

> Dan Gerous,
> Well, we could go by and look at Terrance's stuff,
> but why? Someday maybe
> you or someone will make a great deal out of Jack,
> but that will be one of
> those right-time, right-place deals which I used to
> chase. Of the three, the
> AS was really just junk. I am amazed at how the
> trailers can take the
> downtown bayou flooding and still look as good as
> they do. Jack said they
> never flooded,

  It's possible they didn't. It was not a clear water
flood, and the insides of the cabinets and other
cubbies didn't show any mud or flood residue. I've
seen trailers that have flooded and the wood will
delaminate with not that long of an immersion.

> Came back (was bored) 105-149 to 249 through Tomball
> on Friday's trek. Can't
> believe the freeway now built around the Tomball
> four-corners whole thing
> now.

  I avoid Tomball for the fuster cluck that it is.
Which way did they run the new road?

> Can't believe your gonna go look at another AS.
> What's the deal on the AS? Wasn't it rather pricey?
> I never looked at the CL ad. Let me know.

  Seeking for friends and the Kerrville Folk Fest. We
use 'em for artist and staff housing.
  The one in Conroe has been improved to death and
turned into a "park" model. There's another in W
Houston, Started repairs, realized he's in over his
head. Also too much money.

> Watch for Streamlines
> for me.

 I allus watch fer old aluminum trailers. About three
years ago I found a mid 50's two door Streamline up by
Bastrop sitting on an overgrown lot. I thought it was
an AS Liner at first.
 Last time I went by some one was in the process of
cleaning up the lot but they hadn't done anything with
the trailer. Left 'em a note but haven't heard
anything. I'll be by there the  end of this week n
check it out then.
  DanG,
    Old trucks,
     Old trailers,