The Silver Streak E-mail List

Re: [SilverStreak] test message

Danny,

When I bought my 26' Silver Steak three years ago, it had an "Apartment"
sized refrigerator in place of the Dometic.  I am very satisfied with the
110 Volt only unit.  It actually cools down, and freezes ice cubes better
than a Dometic.  According to the previous owner, who made the change, he
did not need to do much to make the change, the refrigerator fits into the
same opening as the old Dometic, but sticks out about 2 inches farther.  For
me it is no problem.  If I need to transport something frozen to the first
camp site on a trip, I just pick up a few pounds of Dry Ice at the local
Albertsons market and pack the frozen items in a small ice chest with the
dry ice.  I have NO plans on putting a Dometic refrigerator back in.

Perhaps someone on the list will go through the change out procedure for
you.

Regards,

Ralph