The Silver Streak E-mail List

[SilverStreak] Pex Job and Propane Lights

Bev,
  I believe they are better because you can so easily take the line appart.
All you do is slip a horseshoe shaped tool around the PEX or copper tubing
and pull it toward the fitting, then you pull the water line out. I have
used the Watts fittings and they worked fine, they are a little harder to
disassemble though. I have disassembled the fittings and moved a line with
the Watts and it didn't leak except I had to tighten the fitting with a pair
of pliers. Unfortunatly, the way I do plumbing I have to consiter both assembly
and disassembly. I guess if a person was a good planner they could use the Watts
without worry, they are lighter and a little cheaper. Go to the hardware store
and have them show you how the take apart the sharkbite fitting, it will just
take a second.
  Joe