The Silver Streak E-mail List

Re: [SilverStreak] Dometic fridge

Have you cleaned the flue and burner? Made a lot of difference on our '79 Dometic RM100 manual
12V/120V/LP. It's back to keeping ice cream hard even on 12V. Have to be careful to keep from
freezing everything in the ref. compartment. Dumped a pile of rust out of the burner tube. The
flue was hardly even sooty at all.
The orifice of the refrig. is by far the smallest on your trailer. It probably is ruby, rifled
for swirl of the LP for good mixing with the air. A really teeny spider gossamer can cut way
down on the BTUs while allowing the burner to light and stay lit - just won't put out enough to
keep the refrig. cold. Soak the orifice in the strongest alcohol you can find - I get 91% and
99% isopropanol at the drugstore. DO NOT blow the orifice out with compressed air - it can
dislodge never to be seen again. DO NOT stick any wire, drill, anything in the orifice.

If you really want a late model electronic fridge, go ahead. But first find out if there are any
recalls and if there was a recall, has this fridge been done? Dometic and Norcold have had a rash
of failures.

Al