The Silver Streak E-mail List

RE: [SilverStreak] Just getting started

Tom,

Thanks for clarifying the grey water question.  You make an excellent
point, I must defer to your infinitely greater knowledge of our
trailers.  I can only speak for the 1972 SS 26 ft. Cont. Apollo that I
have.  My trailer was set up the way I stated in my previous post,
according to the data that came with the trailer, and the previous two
owners.

Fortunately a separate grey water tank was added sometime after
delivery of the new trailer.  A very faded invoice that I found
indicates the grey water tank may have added in 1974, but the receipt
is so faded I am not sure of the date or even where the tank was
added.  The grey water tank is under the bathroom floor, and the rear
heating duct has been relocated from the bathroom floor to just inside
the bed area and turned 90 Deg..  The passenger side rear leveling
jack was dispensed with, to make way for the grey water tank.

The previous owner of my trailer is an aircraft mechanic and replaced
the crude "tin" cover(his words) over the grey water tank with a Very
Well Made and well fitting Al Diamond Plate cover.  I have separate
slider valves for the grey water tank and the Black water tank, and
use a Y built into my sewer hose to drain them to a dump station or
when I have full hookups when camping.

Ralph