The Silver Streak E-mail List

RE: [SilverStreak] television cabinet

JD,

I don't, but understand.

Could you perhaps use appropriate fabric, glue similar fine wood strips
you'd have to make onto that, and remake the roll-up like are done on fine
quality desks for a better and nicer replacement? I am certain the holding
rack is removable for installation. Wood comes in many thicknesses and
widths.

I have even seen good composite-type trim strips at the Depot and Lowe's in
every size and color. I used some that were the size you would need. I found
the color to be throughout, the material cut with snips real well, it
drilled easily, and was nice to work with to any length. I would think if
you are going brown or light wood color you could find a durable heavy
fabric and various linen stores in the color you'd want including white. Any
good clear drying non-soluble glue would saturate the fabric to adhere the
strips and be impervious to humidity.

Maybe you'd want to find a cabinet maker and just have a matching door made
to replace the roll-up. My Silver Streak uses a door and the tv is on a
latching slide out.

Just my thoughts of encouragement.

-Eddie-