The Silver Streak E-mail List

RE: [SilverStreak] 1968 silver streak

I don't know what a fair value is, but I wanted to chime in with my 2 cents
because I recently bought a 28 foot 1973 Silver Streak Continental Rocket,
at least thats what I think it is from all the tag's, etc <grin>

It appears to me that this one is basically factory original except for the
refrigerator.
I think the faucets (or faucet parts) need to be replaced so that everything
works correctly, but other then that everything appears to be in good
working shape as I'm currently living out of it and I paid $ 2,500 for it.

The refrigerator needs to be replaced as they had one of those little
apartment refrig's in it.
Since I'm not going to use this for traveling for awhile, I'm thinking about
buying one of the nicer refrig's at lowes that will fit in here for about
200 bucks instead of replacing it with one of the rv refrigs which will run
me about 1,300 plus labor from what I can tell looking at the catalog's.

Virgil Bierschwale
http://www.HarperValleyStore.com
http://www.itspasttime.org