The Silver Streak E-mail List

Re: [SilverStreak] drought??

Take the reducer off. It isn't necessary. Your SS has normal house plumbing,
so it will withstand normal street water pressure. All plumbing is rated 150
psi working pressure, and few water lines have more than 60 psi; 40 is more
typical. The reducer is just "insurance" against unusually high pressure, as
may be found in private (well) water systems that may have a defective pressure
regulator, to protect the hose, which is the weak link in the water supply to
the trailer.
If you now have water in the trailer, it was the reducer that was at fault.
If not, look farther. There is usually a check valve where the hose connects.
It is possible (though not likely) for this valve to get stuck and refuse to
open. Its purpose is to keep trailer water from going back into the park water
supply if the park system failed. As I tired of the "grunting" sound the check
valve often makes at certain flow rates, I took it off. The main valve serves
well to keep the trailer's water from draining when disconnected from the park
water.

Al Grayson